Living on my own...wow, that's something that I dreamed of for a long time. Now that its reality, I realize that its FRIGGIN' SWEET!!!
- You don't have to say "Hello, I'm home." to anyone. "Hello"s are overrated. A good door slam is an indicator that I'm home.
- You don't have to state how your day was, nor ask anyone else how their day was; you don't feel like drudging through the depressing memories of your day in order to describe it to someone, and you don't wanna hear about someone else's flipping day, either.
- No waiting on the bathroom. This is my house, with nobody but me in it. If someone else is in the bathroom, I got much bigger problems.
- Bathroom doors can be left open and unlocked. Again, if no one lives there but you and you get someone coming in the bathroom on you...
- Shoes can be kicked off anywhere you like. No government issued spot designated for shoe-putting.
- Shoes can be left on without someone yelling about you walking on the carpet.
- Clothes can come off anywhere in the house, at any time...and there is no limitations on what clothing can come off.
- You know where stuff you sat somewhere last night will be today.
- No sick people at home; sick in the head or sick in the body. Unless you're sick...in the head or in the body.
- Peace.
- Quiet.
- If you gotta wash, you don't have to wait for someone to finish "just a few more loads".
- The toilet reveals no surprises that you didn't leave yourself.
- Any dirt in the tub is ok, cause its your dirt. Same goes for hairs...even though that's still nasty.
- The television is always up for grabs.
- The nice Coca Cola you left in the fridge to get all super-cold and perfect will still be there when you get home.
- The last piece of (insert desirable food here) will still be there.
- No one has found your stash of whatever.
- Want a hot/cold shower? No line.
- Nobody telling you the dishes need washing. You can see that for yourself...no one needs to say it.
- Garbage - see above.
- The computer is available...no brats doing homework.
- The (insert gaming console here) is available...no brats avoiding homework.
- No brats to tell to do their homework.
- No brats.
- Passing of gas is allowed at any and all times.
- Itches can be scratched in new and exciting ways.
- The thermostat is AT YOUR COMMAND!!!
- All diabolical plans can be carried out in privacy.
- Peace.
- Quiet.
- More peace.
- More quiet.
- If you need to eliminate your neighbor for disturbing peace and quiet, there is no one to tell you its a bad idea...or call the police.
Ok ok, so yes. It does get a little lonely sometimes. I mean, I miss the fun times that result from being around others. But I can get that on the weekends! The work-week is a pretty drab drag of a time, sure. But since I live on my own, I can create people out of inanimate objects and pretend that----uh, I mean, heh heh...that is to say, errr....
Where's the like button on this thing?
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that's allowig me to take my sweet little time is the lonely factor. No bueno. I like having people around. I can be social when I want. And when I don't, I can just go in my room and close the door.
Hmm, I don't think my design template has a like button...
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't think you would be lonely. You might enjoy the quiet and it might allow you to write more than ever???