I had previously written a few posts in a now defunct blog which was alllllll about 1982...a lot of research went into those posts, and I thought about dusting them off and posting them as notes on FB for fun. Still might do that, eventually. But for now, I'm just gonna put it in here!
So let's see...in my old blog I listed a lot of notables about the year I was born. Let's start with:
TOP GROSSING MOVIES OF 1982!
I actually found my old wordpress.com blog...here's a copy pastey:
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: For the longest time, I had NO clue that this movie was this old. The same year I was born? Really? I can’t say I remember it. And I haven’t seen it since whenever it was that I saw it. All I remember is E.T. in a blanket, poking his head out. And the silhouette-bicycle-moon thing. I must’ve saw this a few years later for me to even remember that much.
- Tootsie: Never heard of it.
- An Officer and A Gentleman: Never saw it, but I think my grandmother was fond of this movie…or either Lou Gossett Jr.
- Rocky III: Had to read up to see which one this was. Saw it, remember Micky dying, Mr. T, and Hulk Hogan. I was geeked to see Hogan in a movie, and kept asking everyone in the room, “Are they gonna show Hulk Hogan again?”
- Porky’s: Heard a lot about it, never saw it.
- Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan: “Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan!” Only know it due to pop-culture shows. Didn’t get into Star Trek until The Next Generation came along.
- 48 Hrs: Yes! Now this is a movie! Sat in the dining room upstairs unable to endure the stupid commercials that interrupted what I thought was the most wonderful movie in existence. I loved Eddie Murphy when I was a kid (due to Beverly Hills Cop), and was in awe that he made another movie like it with some mean white guy. I really just thought they were going to play the theme song from Beverly Hills Cop at some point. I’ll still watch this whenever it comes on.
- Poltergeist: Nope! Next! Uh-uh! Wasn’t watchin’ it then, ain’t watchin it now! Turn the channel, please.
- The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas: The name alone prevented this child from viewing this film.
- Annie: I hated cheesy stuff like this when I was a kid…yet, I rocked out to the TNMT ‘Coming Out of Their Shells’ cassette tape til’ it broke. But hey, without this movie, Jay-Z would be a nobody.
No comments:
Post a Comment