Its a nasty thing to say, but people suck. People suck so hard that people hate people because they suck, then those haters of people suck because they hate the sucky people, who in the end, are just people too.
People steal.
People hurt.
People destroy.
But...according to the God, we're still supposed to love them. All of them.
Even the sucky ones.
I fail at this.
Most people do.
But I knew a man who wasn't full of fail when it came to loving everyone. He did it. He got it right.
His name was Willie.
Compassion. The man defined that word.
Kindness. Same there.
I remember whenever I'd give him a (manly) hug, I could feel care emitting from him like bass from a subwoofer - a silly analogy but its the best I can do. It was the feeling of "Here is a person that actually CARES about you and how you are doing." It was genuine. It was natural. It was just who he was.
In my worst times, I thought about calling him up even after all the years and distance, because I knew he would understand...and most of, care.
He's gone.
Died this morning.
Willie went on to be whatever it is you go on to be when you die. In his case, I'm sure he's being issued his boots and helmet right about now. Because he is surely a Lieutenant or General or something big like that in Army of the Lord.
That isn't just me being cliche. That is me knowing that the man fought against darkness of hatred for years upon years down here, and knowing that someone so valuable to the Kingdom of Heaven is going to be at the right hand of God...or somewhere like that.
When a loved one passes, I always hear people say "Don't be sad, they're with God now." Most times, I'm never too sure about that...(they say that about some folks who lived pretty shadily)...
But ol' Willie? Yeah he's up there doing something.
Reading this just brought back my sadness.
ReplyDelete